Friday, October 31, 2008

Carving Pumpkins 2008

Its time once again to carve the pumpkins to be placed on our front porch. It has been quite the tradition in our family. I need to find the old pictures. We have always made it a big event. Kelly, being a landscape architect, always had to draw his out on paper, transfer, then carve. Me, on the other hand, draws right on the pumpkin, dots the cutting area and cuts. I am normally done quickly. The children have followed our patterns. Andrew and Laura make or print a picture, trace it, then carve. (Kelly or I still help Laura with carving--we like her fingers). Caleb draws right on the pumpkin and I, yes me, carves and cleans the his pumpkin out. He has never liked the feel of the inside of the pumpkin. (we have some pretty funny video of his first pumpkin) Hence, I always get to carve one. I think they turned out quite cute this year.
Laura getting ready to stab the poor pumpkin!!




The carving begins!!


Caleb and his pumpkin .



Andrew made is into "pumpkin Pi " this year.


Laura making the same face as her pumpkin.

Now she is happy!

2 comments: