Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween and Halloween Meme

Here are our Halloween Pictures from Last night. Enjoy.

Bones in the Lavender??
Bones found in our dirt piles
The Dead Riseth!

Computer Geek


Computer Geek, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger

Lumos!!

Hermione and Harry

Do you love Halloween or hate it? Love it!

Did you go treat-or-treating as a kid? Absolutely!

What did you use as a bag? Whatever, plastic bags my mom picked up, pillow case, bucket. It never was the same.

What was your favorite costume as a child? I remember being so excited to be Casper the Ghost.

What was your favorite costume as an adult? I dressed up as a Scarecrow.

What is your favorite Halloween treat? I always liked to get Pixie sticks or Twizzlers as a child. Now I go for the Kit Kats, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, or 3 Musketeers.

What candy can you pass on? Skittles, Starbursts, Jelly beans, Fruity candy, hard tack candy. I am a chocolate girl :)

What candy do you sneak from your kid’s treats? Kit Kats

What is your favorite treat to give out? I like to give out Kit Kats, M&M's, Snickers. It doesn't matter where I have lived, I have never gotten a mass amount of trick or treaters. Copper Creek has been the biggest.

Do you love costume parties? It depends on where, who is hosting, and who is coming. Good company = Fun party for me.

What was your favorite Halloween memory?
Taking my oldest son out for his first Halloween Trick or Treat. He was so excited!!

Have you ever had your fortune told? I had a few handwriting samples done at the Utah State fair with a computer. I've had my face read a few times.

Did your fortune come true? no fortune.

What is the scariest Halloween movie you’ve ever seen? The Haunting. The old one. Not the new one.

If you could dress up in any costume, what costume would you choose? I have no idea.

What famous Hollywood couple would your friends best think describe you and your mate? Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. ( I guess-- That is the only couple I can think of that stayed together til the end)

Are you a pumpkin eater or carver? I love to carve pumpkins and eat pumpkin inspired recipes. It just isn't Fall without the smell of pumpkin with spices.

Share a pumpkin recipe:
Pumpkin Bread:
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Grease two loaf pans.
  2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and cloves.
  3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend sugar, oil and eggs. Stir in pumpkin. Slowly blend the flour mixture into pumpkin mixture. While blending the mixture add water incrementally. Gently fold in the Chocolate Chips. Pour the batter into two prepared loaf pans.
  4. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 30-90 minutes. (it depends on the loaf pan) Check center with a toothpick to make sure it is done. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.

Where will you be this Halloween night?
Home watching Ghost Whisperer while my son, who is 15, passes out the candy. He wanted to do it.



2 comments:

Amazed said...

Love it!

busymama said...

sorry for the late comment, our computer has been in the shop! Love the meme and the pictures!