I was reading one of my favorite blogs and this was her topic for today. I think I will do the same. She is great at Journaling and I need to practice what I am taught.
What are some favorite childhood memories?
Playing hopscotch at recess, (I loved to play poison square and kick outs) playing jump rope at school and with my neighborhood friends, (we would jump to all kinds of fun rhymes. I was especially good at jumping in and doing hot peppers) learning to jump rope (I learned backwards first) water fights, riding my bike, tubing, snowmobiling, going to the desert with my neighbors taking turns riding the mini-bike with their friends, fishing with my sister at our creek, camp outs with the family (it ALWAYS rained). Walking to the bus stop with my sister and brother, then my sister, then walking to school. Playing barbies, making my own barbie clothes, playing "name that tune" or "name that commercial" with my sister, having M&M sucking races ( we would see who could suck on an M&M the longest--I always lost.) Bowling lessons, trips to the park by our house to play, rolling down Sugar House Park hill, The smell of Old Spice (my dad wore that ) and Avon's Cotillion ( my mom's favorite perfume) Hollyhocks, summer evenings playing in the back yard, (we played frozen tag, statue maker, hide and seek,) making tents out of sheets and chairs and playing in them, singing all the time, lilacs, daffodils, yellow roses, bridal wreath, playing with our dogs Brandy, Kizzy, Ezra, and Fritz, playing with our cats Patches, Benji, Spring, Hope, Mingo, and Sadie. Our neighbor's dog Stinky. Playing baseball at the neighbors, taking the secret passageway between the garages, making secret places with stacked tires, playing in huge piles of sand before they were pushed out for the arena, picking out my own pig, trips to Manti to get hay, trips to Manti to visit Grandma and Grandpa, making chocolate chip cookies, sitting on the floor of my mom's office reading books to her while she worked, playing on my swing set, roller skating around the neighborhood, sleepovers at friends houses, playing tennis with my friend on the side streets, watching the Brady Bunch, Partridge Family, Sesame Street, Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Cannonball and Harvey, Romper Room, Emergency, Land of the Lost, Isis, Superfriends, Wonder Woman, Hee Haw, The Lawrence Welk Show, Gilligans Island, going to Saturday Matinees at the movies and seeing Mary Poppins, Pinocchio, Cinderella, and The Rescuers; listening to my Read Along books with records, Singing with my Sesame Street records, playing board games and card games with my family and friends. Our horses Ribbon, Candy, Clover, Ginger, Glory, Jack, Peggy, Chico, Missy, Folly and April. Our goat Bridgett. Leading her around and playing with her. Seeing April as a new born colt and leading her around. wading in the creek, sleeping in our new barn, attending primary in the afternoons, going to Sunday School, putting pennies in the Kangaroo Pockets for the Jordan River Temple, Days of 47 parades, Park City Parades, late nights talking by the campfire and roasting marshmallows, sleeping in the back of the van or car, playing in the snow, sledding down Sugar House Park hills, wading in the Millcreek at Sugar House Park, Walk-a-Thon, Bonnie Bell lip gloss, Avon perfume in Pins and dying Easter Eggs, laughing with my sisters, riding in my sister's Rambler, being happy when my sister came home from College to visit, going downtown with my oldest sister and her best friend and riding the UTA. Playing at the Johnson's house.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVED reading your list!
Post a Comment