Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blog Contest by Amazed

Write down you Ten Favorite Elementary School Memories
  1. Watching cocoons hatch, in Kindergarten, into monarch butterflies and fly around our room.
  2. Playing Hopscotch (Kick-Outs, Poison Square, backwards, etc) with my friends at recess.
  3. Playing Jump rope
  4. Fieldtrip to the Capital to meet Governor Rampton, then to the Tabernacle, then to the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers. Eating lunch while riding the Lions in front of the Capital building
  5. Being Safety Guard: I got to wear the sash/belt thing and hold a PCP pipe stick with a bright orange triangle flag on it.
  6. Mini Courses in 5th and 6th grade. We were able to sign up for classes we were interested in and learn new things.
  7. Singing Time, Library time, and school performances
  8. Thanksgiving Day celebration in 3rd Grade: We sat in a big square and ate Thanksgiving dinner together. We made the pies, table decorations, etc.
  9. Speech Therapy: Could say my /s/. My last name started with an /s/. I know it should be a negative, but they were really fun people and they impacted my life for good. I now say a beautiful /s/ and when my daughter came along with the same problem (genetic—who knew) I was able to work with her and she had it mastered by age 5.
  10. Walking to the bus stop with my sister and then later (we transferred schools) walking to school with my sister and friends.

I know this sound like I didn’t like the academic part, but I LOVED School. I did well and had great teachers. I am a teacher myself. It is hard to narrow it down.

1 comment:

busymama said...

I didn't know you had speech therapy in school!!!:) Great thoughts/memories!!