Friday, June 13, 2008

My First Post


Well this is my first blog. Ta Da! I have a few friends who will be happy to see this and some that will think that I am totally nuts. The picture on the left is how I feel about my life most days when I get home. My kids are much older. Imagine them as upper elementary and teenager ages. I hope as the days go by this gets easier and hopefully becomes addictive so I can do my blog despite how I may feel when I arrive home. I have taken my fair share of writing classes. At least this one is not for credit and "hopefully" for joy.
Today it is a perfect June day. The cold weather is soon to subside and then we will have the "dog days of summer." I will be the first to say that I have been DREADING summer. Not that I don't enjoy the long days and the sun, but we are finishing our basement and like every construction job it is not going on schedule. We are moving the AC/Furnace/Water Heater to the other side of the basement. We have torn out concrete, dug and re-plumbed pipes and drains for this huge moment only to have it postponed for the past 2 months because of scheduling conflicts. We were hoping to have it done before the HEAT hit. Now we will be days without AC during the heat. I will have to take some pictures of the basement so you can come along on the journey and witness the progress.


No comments: